Auto Accident Attorneys in Union, MO
Contact our experienced Union, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Union, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. You can contact our Union auto accident lawyers now if you are looking for legal representation. We offer free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a case review.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, over 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of winning compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Union, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Union, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Settlments for car and truck accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other types of commercial truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Union car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Union, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Union car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Union, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Union, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Union, MO, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Union injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Union, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Union, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Union auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Union, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.