Auto Accident Attorneys in Waltonville, IL
Contact our experienced Waltonville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Waltonville, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Please contact our Waltonville auto accident lawyers right away if you need legal counsel. Our firm provides free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered over $50 million for victims and their families. It’s important to our lawyers to provide grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Waltonville, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Waltonville, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Waltonville car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Waltonville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Waltonville car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Waltonville, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Waltonville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Waltonville, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Waltonville injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Waltonville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Waltonville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Waltonville auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Waltonville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.