Auto Accident Attorneys in Wardsville, MO
Contact our experienced Wardsville, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Wardsville, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our Wardsville auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35 million for clients. It’s important for our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Wardsville, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Wardsville, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for auto accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Wardsville auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Wardsville, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Wardsville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Wardsville, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Wardsville, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Wardsville, MO, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Wardsville injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Wardsville, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Wardsville, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Wardsville auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Wardsville, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.