Auto Accident Attorneys in Washington County, MO
Contact our experienced Washington County, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Washington County, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of auto accidents. You can contact our Washington County auto accident lawyers right away if you are looking for legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. It’s important to our lawyers to provide grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Washington County, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Washington County, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents varies on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Washington County auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Washington County, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Washington County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Washington County, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Washington County, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Washington County, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Washington County injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Washington County, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Washington County, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Washington County auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Washington County, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.