Auto Accident Attorneys in Washington, MO
Contact our experienced Washington, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Washington, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. You can contact our Washington auto accident lawyers today if you are looking for legal representation. We offer free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to provide grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, over 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Washington, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Washington, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Washington auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Washington, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Washington car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Washington, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Washington, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our Washington, MO, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Washington injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Washington, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Washington, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Washington auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Washington, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.