Auto Accident Attorneys in Waterloo, IL
Contact our experienced Waterloo, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Waterloo, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of auto accidents. You can contact our Waterloo auto accident lawyers right away if you are looking for legal representation. We provide free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
Our firm has recovered over $35 million for clients. It’s important for our firm to offer top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed annually in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Waterloo, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Waterloo, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for auto accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Waterloo car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Waterloo, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Waterloo car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Waterloo, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Waterloo, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact our Waterloo, IL, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Waterloo injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Waterloo, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Waterloo, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Waterloo auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Waterloo, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.