Intersection Accidents Attorney St. Louis
Intersection Accident Attorneys assisting St. Louis and Missouri residents
Within the US, 40% of all vehicular accidents involve intersections, and within the state of Missouri, 103 people were killed in intersection accidents between 2013 and 2015. During this time, in St. Louis alone, 100 people were injured and 14 were killed in accidents involving intersections, and the majority of these accidents involved left turns made at the intersection. Intersections are dangerous. Whether you are turning, left, right, or continuing straight through an intersection, the chances of being in an accident are greater here because of the number of cars converging on one location while traveling in different directions and at different speeds. When an intersection accident happens, it can be difficult to determine who is at fault because of several different factors that include
- Right-of-Way Laws.
- The Status of the traffic light (Green, Yellow or Red).
- The speed at which traffic lights change
- Which Lane the cars are traveling in or merging into.
- Visibility when turning.
- The Speed of oncoming traffic
- Vehicles lingering in the intersection due to traffic congestion.
Trying to decipher who is at fault during an intersection accident can be difficult, but the car accident lawyers of Dixon Law have extensive experience dealing with intersection accidents and know the Missouri Laws and St. Louis statutes that determine fault for these accidents.
If you or someone you care for has been involved in an intersection accident, you need an intersection car accident lawyer who specializes in these types of cases to help you with these difficult and confusing cases. Christopher R. Dixon of the Dixon Injury Firm is recognized as a Top 100 Trial lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association and a Life-Time Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. When you choose Chris to represent you in your intersection car wreck case, you are making the correct decision because he has the knowledge, experience, and expertise that St. Louis and Missouri residents need when they’ve been involved in a car wreck. If you have been involved in an intersection accident, call immediately for a FREE case evaluation: 314-409-7060, or toll-free at 855-40-CRASH.
Why do Intersection Accidents happen?
The majority of accidents happen due to driver error, where the driver believes they have the right of way, aren’t paying attention, or are speeding and exceeding posted speed limits, but that isn’t always the case. The intersection accident attorneys at Dixon Law have also identified these factors that increase the chances of an intersection accident,
- Failure to check all directions of traffic.When a driver is turning into or moving through an intersection, they should always look both ways and make sure that other drivers are aware of them before they continue into the intersection. You may look both ways, but other drivers may not be paying as much attention as you are. Be diligent and look both ways before merging or moving through the intersection.
- Sight Lines blocked by other vehicles, buildings, or road obstructions.Intersections can be anywhere, and it can be difficult to see in all directions of traffic. In rural areas, trees or natural cliffs may block the full view of an intersection. Inside a city, or near it outskirts, buildings or advertisement signs can also block a full view of the intersection. It is important to move through these slowly, and with care to ensure that you see other drivers and that they notice you as well.
- Manuevers that violate traffic laws.When traveling through an intersection, the three directions most travelers use is either left, right, or straight. Some drivers, unfortunately, make their own paths. Whether it be from impatience, or because they panic because they’ve missed their turn, some drivers will attempt u-turns at an intersection or will cut other drivers off in an attempt to make their turn. This is a negligent action and can be used against the driver in a court case.
- Changing Traffic Lights (Green to Yellow to Red).Assuming that someone is going to stop or slow down because the light changed from Green to Yellow is a common assumption, but it is often wrong. Instead of slowing their speed, many drivers will attempt to race through the intersection to beat a red light so that they don’t have to wait for the light to turn green again. In Missouri and St. Louis, Yellow lights mean “slow down”, not speed up and beat the red light.
- Distracted Drivers and Texting and Driving.Texting and Driving is one of the great calamities that technology has brought to the road. Young Drivers know that texting and driving is incredibly dangerous(some studies say it is even more dangerous than drunk driving) but they do it anyway. If someone has their eyes off the road as they enter an intersection, the chances for an accident to occur multiply exponentially.
- Call the PoliceIt is important the police document the intersection car crash by creating a report of the incident. Failing to officially document the crash by filing an accident report will allow the responsible party’s insurance company to delay or deny your claim for reimbursement. A police report will provide a summary of the facts of the intersection crash, who is at fault, insurance information for the parties, witnesses names and contact information, road conditions, citations issued, and other vital details. A police report provides vital information for a subsequent investigation by your intersection accident lawyer.
- Seek Medical AttentionFollowing any accident, victims are often dazed, confused and can even be injured. In addition, adrenaline is rushing and injuries are often overlooked. It is important that you seek emergency medical attention to ensure you receive proper treatment for your injuries. Overlooked internal bleeding and traumatic brain injuries are responsible for a countless number of deaths each year. Your car accident injuries need to be documented immediately in order to receive the correct course of medical treatment.
- Contact Our Intersection Accident AttorneysKnowing that large insurance companies hire skilled investigators requires that you obtain someone who is looking out for your best interests immediately after the crash. Insurance corporations place the interests of profit above all other interests. This includes yours! Following an intersection auto collision, you should immediately retain an intersection accident lawyer to begin an investigation into your case. As time passes, evidence is lost. Only an immediate investigation will ensure all available evidence is documented and preserved.
- Tell the Insurance Company to wait for your statementFollowing the crash, insurance companies will begin to call immediately. They are calling to obtain your recorded statement regarding the facts of the intersection crash. However, they do not care if you are in the hospital, on medication, or injured. Insurance companies hire trained investigators to obtain any evidence available to deny your claim. A statement provided while you are under the influence of narcotic pain medication will later be used against you if you fail to mention any relevant detail. There is a time for speaking to insurance companies and it is certainly not immediately following your crash. It will not hurt your case to wait to make a statement, despite what the insurance company may tell you.
What should I do if I’ve been involved in an Intersection Accident?
If you’ve just been involved in an intersection accident, it can be confusing which steps you should take first. With all of the activity happening around the crash, people asking if you are ok, and the adrenaline still pulsing through you, making the right decisions at this time can be difficult, but our Intersection Wreck Attorneys recommend that you take these steps first,
How can an Intersection Accident Lawyer help in these cases?
Missouri and St. Louis traffic laws and statutes are complex, and determining who is at fault in these situations can be difficult. Without an attorney that is knowledgeable in intersection traffic laws, it can be difficult to win these cases as several different factors can pull liability from the person who committed the accident and place it on the victim instead. The Intersection Accident Attorneys at Dixon Law have experience in these cases and have successfully defended their clients in these complex legal cases before because they know the statutes and laws that determine who is at fault in these cases. Christoper R. Dixon has had recent and incredible success litigating these cases and other recent vehicle related cases. See for yourself HERE.
The Missouri Intersection Accident Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm have a complete understanding of the most recent Missouri and St. Louis traffic law and statutes and can use this knowledge to defend you and your loved ones during this trying time. No one should have to suffer from an intersection accident, but when it does happen, choosing an experienced and knowledgeable St. Louis intersection accident attorney can ensure that you and your family are adequately compensated for your lost time and injuries, and ensure that your financial future and health are protected.
Why Should I choose the St. Louis Intersection Accident Attorneys at Dixon Law to represent me?
Christopher R. Dixon is more than just a Intersection accident lawyer he is a local Missouri and St. Louis resident who understands what it means to provide effective and comprehensive legal counseling to his fellow citizens and their families who have suffered because of intersection accidents.
Chris Dixon – “I pride myself on tirelessly fighting for the injury victims who continuously trust me with their cases. It is an honor to serve and a passion which drives my existence.”
When you choose Christopher R. Dixon and the Dixon Injury Firm, you are choosing a intersection accident law firm that cares about you and wants to ensure that you and your family are provided for during this trying time. If you need intersection accident legal guidance, or want to know what a can do for you, call or contact the St. Louis Intersection Accident Attorneys of the Dixon Injury Firm at 314-409-7060, or toll-free at 855-40-CRASH to get justice and compensation for your intersection accident case today.l