Car Crash Attorneys in Bond County, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Bond County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Bond County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your case.
Your life can change dramatically if someone merges onto a highway too fast or you skid on black ice. It’s crucial to reach out to a local Bond County, IL, car accident attorney as soon as possible. A skilled law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Bond County, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Bond County, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal information on this page is basic advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our Bond County vehicle accident lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their loss.
Bond County, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we have outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a car or truck accident:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Bond County, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our Bond County, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid case. The Bond County motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
This one is important. A lot of people don’t know who to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is crucial for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Bond County, IL, car crash attorney can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Bond County Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire one. Fighting insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. Our accident attorneys in Bond County, IL, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are part of a vehicle crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Bond County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Bond County, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve.