Car Crash Attorneys in Effingham, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Effingham, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Effingham, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your case.
Your life can change dramatically if someone merges onto a highway too fast or you skid on black ice. It’s important to contact a local Effingham, IL, car accident attorney as soon as possible. A skilled law firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Effingham, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Effingham, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical info on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Effingham vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their loss.
Effingham, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we have outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a motor accident:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Effingham, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our Effingham, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid case. The Effingham motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Vehicle Accident?
This is a big one. A lot of people don’t know who to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Effingham, IL, car crash attorney can assist you in accomplishing this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Contact Our Effingham Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire one. Fighting major insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is hard. Our accident attorneys in Effingham, IL, can help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a vehicle crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Effingham, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Effingham, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve.