Car Crash Attorneys in Green County, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Green County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Green County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal representation to traffic accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm today to speak to an attorney about your case.
Your life can change dramatically if someone merges onto a highway too fast or you skid on black ice. It’s important to contact a local Green County, IL, car accident attorney as soon as they can. A skilled law firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Green County, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5 million. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Green County, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is basic advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Green County vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their losses.
Green County, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we’ve outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a car or truck accident:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Green County, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our Green County, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Green County motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
This is a big one. A lot of people don’t know who to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Green County, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you in accomplishing this critical step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Call Our Green County Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling major insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. Our accident attorneys in Green County, IL, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in a car accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Green County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Green County, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve.