Car Crash Attorneys in Greenville, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Greenville, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Greenville, IL. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic accident victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your case.
A bad lane change or icy roads can change your life in a second. It’s important to contact a local Greenville, IL, car accident attorney as soon as they can. An experienced firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Greenville, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Greenville, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our Greenville vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their losses.
Greenville, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Dixon has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we’ve outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a vehicle accident:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Greenville, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our Greenville, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid case. The Greenville motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
This one is important. A lot of people don’t know who to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s very important for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Greenville, IL, car crash attorney can help you in accomplishing this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Greenville Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. Our accident lawyers in Greenville, IL, can help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are part of a car accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Greenville, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Greenville, IL, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve.