Car Crash Attorneys in Hamel, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Hamel, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Hamel, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to traffic accident victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm today to speak to an attorney about your case.
Your life can change dramatically if someone merges onto a highway too fast or you skid on black ice. It’s important to reach out to a local Hamel, IL, car accident attorney as soon as they can. An experienced law firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Hamel, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Hamel, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Hamel vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their losses.
Hamel, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a car or truck accident:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Hamel, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our Hamel, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Hamel motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
This is a big one. A lot of people don’t know who to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for car crash victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Hamel, IL, car crash attorney can help you with this critical step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Hamel Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Battling major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. Our accident attorneys in Hamel, IL, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re part of a car accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Hamel, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Hamel, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve.