Car Crash Attorneys in Macoupin County, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Macoupin County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Macoupin County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to traffic accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your case.
A bad lane change or icy roads can change your life in a second. It’s important to reach out to a local Macoupin County, IL, car accident attorney as soon as they can. An experienced firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Macoupin County, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Macoupin County, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Macoupin County vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their loss.
Macoupin County, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Dixon has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we’ve outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a vehicle accident:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Macoupin County, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our Macoupin County, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Macoupin County motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
This one is important. A lot of people don’t know who to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Macoupin County, IL, car crash attorney can assist you with this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Macoupin County Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is hard. Our accident attorneys in Macoupin County, IL, can assist you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in a vehicle accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Macoupin County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Macoupin County, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve.