Car Crash Attorneys in Madison County, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Madison County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Madison County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal representation to traffic accident victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. Contact our firm today to speak to an attorney about your case.
Your life can change dramatically if someone merges onto a highway too fast or you skid on black ice. It’s crucial to contact a local Madison County, IL, car accident attorney as soon as they can. An experienced firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Madison County, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Madison County, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Madison County vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their losses.
Madison County, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Dixon has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a car or truck accident:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Madison County, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our Madison County, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Madison County motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
This one is important. A lot of people don’t know who to do after an accident. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s essential for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Madison County, IL, car crash attorney can assist you with this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages reflected on paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Madison County Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. Our accident attorneys in Madison County, IL, will help you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are part of a vehicle accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Madison County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Madison County, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve.