Car Crash Attorneys in Monroe County, IL
Contact our motor accident attorneys in Monroe County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Monroe County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal counsel to car accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm today to speak to an attorney about your case.
Your life can change dramatically if someone merges onto a highway too fast or you skid on black ice. It’s important to contact a local Monroe County, IL, car accident attorney as soon as possible. A skilled firm can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Monroe County, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5 million. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon’s Monroe County, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Monroe County vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their loss.
Monroe County, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we have outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a motor accident:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Monroe County, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn’t your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don’t have insurance, you’ll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our Monroe County, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Monroe County motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Vehicle Accident?
This is a big one. A lot of people don’t know who to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Monroe County, IL, car crash attorney can assist you with this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Get in Touch With Our Monroe County Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. Our accident lawyers in Monroe County, IL, will assist you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are part of a vehicle accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Monroe County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Monroe County, IL, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve.