Car Crash Attorneys in Pocahontas, IL
Contact our car accident attorneys in Pocahontas, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Pocahontas, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to car accident victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that victims get the reimbursement they deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your case.
A bad lane change or icy roads can change your life in a second. It’s crucial to reach out to a local Pocahontas, IL, car accident attorney as soon as they can. A skilled firm can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Pocahontas, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5 million. We account for both general and special damages.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Pocahontas, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Pocahontas vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Pocahontas, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we’ve outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a car or truck accident:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I’m in an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There’s a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Pocahontas, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
The Dixon Injury Firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our Pocahontas, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Pocahontas motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Vehicle Accident?
This is a big one. A lot of people don’t know who to do after an accident. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Pocahontas, IL, car crash lawyer can help you with this important step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Get in Touch With Our Pocahontas Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. Our accident lawyers in Pocahontas, IL, can help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a vehicle accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Pocahontas, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Pocahontas, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of the specific areas we serve.