Car Crash Attorneys in St. Elmo, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in St. Elmo, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in St. Elmo, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal counsel to car accident victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm today to speak to an attorney about your case.
A bad lane change or icy roads can change your life in a second. It’s important to reach out to a local St. Elmo, IL, car accident attorney as soon as they can. A qualified law firm will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our St. Elmo, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5 million. We account for both general and special damages.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s St. Elmo, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal information on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our St. Elmo vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their losses.
St. Elmo, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Dixon has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a car or truck accident:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There’s a variety of special and general damages you can get after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our St. Elmo, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn’t work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it’s so important to contact a lawyer. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our St. Elmo, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The St. Elmo motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
This one is important. A lot of people don’t know who to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our St. Elmo, IL, car crash lawyer can help you in accomplishing this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Contact Our St. Elmo Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. Our accident attorneys in St. Elmo, IL, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are part of a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as St. Elmo, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our St. Elmo, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve.