Car Crash Attorneys in St. Louis County, MO
Contact our motor accident attorneys in St. Louis County, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in St. Louis County, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your case.
A bad lane change or icy roads can change your life in a second. It’s important to contact a local St. Louis County, MO, car accident attorney as soon as possible. A qualified firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our St. Louis County, MO, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s St. Louis County, MO, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our St. Louis County vehicle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
St. Louis County, MO, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Our firm has settled more than $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we’ve outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a car or truck accident:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. Read more about motor vehicle accident compensation here.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It’s important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our St. Louis County, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter.
- What happens if you’re in an accident and don’t have car insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you contact one of our St. Louis County, MO, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The St. Louis County motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should I Do After a Vehicle Accident?
This is a big one. A lot of people don’t know who to do after a crash. Below are a few steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for car crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our St. Louis County, MO, car crash attorney can help you in accomplishing this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Call Our St. Louis County Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is not easy. Our accident attorneys in St. Louis County, MO, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in a vehicle crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as St. Louis County, MO, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our St. Louis County, MO, car crash attorneys today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve.