Car Crash Attorneys in Vienna, IL
Contact our vehicle accident attorneys in Vienna, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Attorneys in Vienna, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. The Dixon Injury Firm is here to help victims through the claims process and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Contact our firm today to speak with an attorney about your case.
Your life can change dramatically if someone merges onto a highway too fast or you skid on black ice. It’s important to contact a local Vienna, IL, car accident attorney as soon as possible. An experienced firm will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Vienna, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Vienna, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact our firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Vienna vehicle accident lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Vienna, IL, Car and Truck Accident Attorneys
Dixon has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we have outlined a few answers to help you get on the right track after a vehicle accident:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? You need to consider special and general damages. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. Read more about car accident compensation here.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What’s your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who’s Liable in a Car Accident? It’s essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Vienna, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you’ll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can’t be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don’t immediately send a demand letter.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don’t have insurance? It depends if you’re in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don’t have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney. Learn more about fault and car accidents on our FAQ.
Our firm gets results, but only if you reach out to one of our Vienna, IL, motor accident lawyers. If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Vienna motor vehicle accident lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle your claim.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
This one is important. A lot of people don’t know who to do after a crash. Here are some steps to follow if you’re involved:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. One of our Vienna, IL, car crash attorney can assist you with this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Call Our Vienna Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is complicated. Our accident lawyers in Vienna, IL, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are part of a vehicle crash, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Vienna, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Vienna, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of the specific areas we serve.