Car Crash Lawyers Near You
Contact our motor accident injury attorneys in Missouri and Illinois today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Car accident victims need to reach out to a local car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our St. Louis-based car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their loss.
Find a Car Crash Attorney Today
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A car crash lawyer can help you to accomplish this critical step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Call Our Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is not easy. A car crash lawyer will assist you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Call a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Illinois or Missouri, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid claim. The car crash lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.