Car Crash Lawyer in Bond County, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Bond County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Bond County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents need to contact a local Bond County, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A skilled attorney will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Bond County, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Bond County, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our Bond County car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Bond County, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s very important for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Bond County, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you to accomplish this critical step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Bond County Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is not easy. A car crash attorney in Bond County, IL, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Contact an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Bond County, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four things we’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Bond County car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Bond County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Bond County, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.