Car Crash Lawyer in Calhoun County, IL
Contact our vehicle accident injury attorneys in Calhoun County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Calhoun County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents should contact a local Calhoun County, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Calhoun County, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Calhoun County, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our Calhoun County car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Calhoun County, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $35 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for car crash victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Calhoun County, IL, car crash attorney can help you to accomplish this critical step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Call Our Calhoun County Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It is often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. A car crash lawyer in Calhoun County, IL, will aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Calhoun County, IL, there’s no harm in contacting the Dixon Injury Firm. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things we need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Calhoun County car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Calhoun County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Calhoun County, IL, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.