Car Crash Lawyer in Carbondale, IL
Contact our vehicle accident injury attorneys in Carbondale, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Carbondale, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents need to contact a local Carbondale, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A skilled attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Carbondale, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Carbondale, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal information on this page is basic advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our Carbondale car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Carbondale, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have a lot of questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is crucial for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Carbondale, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you to accomplish this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Get in Touch With Our Carbondale Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire one. Battling major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. A car crash attorney in Carbondale, IL, will aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in a car accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Carbondale, IL, you can easily talk to our firm to learn about compensation options. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four basic things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a legitimate claim. The Carbondale car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Carbondale, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Carbondale, IL, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.