Car Crash Lawyer in Chester, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Chester, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Chester, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents should contact a local Chester, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Chester, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon’s Chester, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is basic advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Chester car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their losses.
Chester, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Chester, IL, car crash attorney can help you do this important step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Chester Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Short answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. A car crash attorney in Chester, IL, can help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Chester, IL, you can easily talk to our firm to learn about compensation options. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four things you will need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a legitimate claim. The Chester car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Chester, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Chester, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.