Car Crash Lawyer in Clinton County, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Clinton County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Clinton County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents need to contact a local Clinton County, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A qualified attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Clinton County, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Clinton County, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal information on this page is basic advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact Dixon now through our site or give us a call. Our Clinton County car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their losses.
Clinton County, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Clinton County, IL, car crash attorney can help you with this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Clinton County Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It is often more expensive not to hire one. Fighting insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is not easy. A car crash attorney in Clinton County, IL, can assist you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Clinton County, IL, there’s no harm in contacting the Dixon Injury Firm. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for instance, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a valid case. The Clinton County car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Clinton County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Clinton County, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.