Car Crash Lawyer in Colp, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Colp, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Colp, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Car crashes happen fast. Car accident victims should reach out to a local Colp, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. A skilled attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Colp, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Our Colp, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Colp car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their loss.
Colp, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for car crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Colp, IL, car crash attorney can assist you with this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our Colp Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. A car crash attorney in Colp, IL, can help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Colp, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things we’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a legitimate claim. The Colp car crash lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Colp, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Colp, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.