Car Crash Lawyer in Effingham, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Effingham, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Effingham, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Car crashes happen fast. Car accident victims should reach out to a local Effingham, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified attorney will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Effingham, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5 million. We account for both general and special damages.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Effingham, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact our firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Effingham car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Effingham, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Effingham, IL, car crash attorney can help you to accomplish this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Effingham Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. A car crash lawyer in Effingham, IL, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in a car accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Effingham, IL, you can easily talk to our firm to learn about compensation options. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things we need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid case. The Effingham car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Effingham, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Effingham, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.