Car Crash Lawyer in Geleconda, IL
Contact our vehicle accident injury attorneys in Geleconda, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Geleconda, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents should reach out to a local Geleconda, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A skilled attorney will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Geleconda, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Geleconda, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Geleconda car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their loss.
Geleconda, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $50 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Get Medical Attention: It is crucial for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Geleconda, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you with this critical step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Find Our Geleconda Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. A car crash lawyer in Geleconda, IL, can aid you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Call an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Geleconda, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things you will need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Geleconda car crash lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Geleconda, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Geleconda, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.