Car Crash Lawyer in Gillespie, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Gillespie, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Gillespie, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents need to reach out to a local Gillespie, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A qualified attorney can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Gillespie, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Gillespie, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal information on this page is basic advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Gillespie car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their losses.
Gillespie, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s essential for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Gillespie, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you do this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Find Our Gillespie Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. A car crash lawyer in Gillespie, IL, will assist you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Contact an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Gillespie, IL, you can easily talk to our firm to learn about compensation options. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four basic things you will need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate claim. The Gillespie car crash lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Gillespie, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Gillespie, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.