Car Crash Lawyer in Godfrey, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Godfrey, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Godfrey, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents should reach out to a local Godfrey, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Godfrey, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Our Godfrey, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact our firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Godfrey car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Godfrey, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is crucial for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Godfrey, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you do this crucial step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Find Our Godfrey Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. A car crash attorney in Godfrey, IL, can help you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in a car accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Godfrey, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four things we need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for instance, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Godfrey car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Godfrey, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Godfrey, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.