Car Crash Lawyer in Granite City, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Granite City, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Granite City, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Car accident victims should contact a local Granite City, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Granite City, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5 million. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Granite City, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is basic advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Granite City car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their losses.
Granite City, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is essential for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Granite City, IL, car crash attorney can help you to accomplish this crucial step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Granite City Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire one. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is hard. A car crash attorney in Granite City, IL, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Granite City, IL, there’s no harm in contacting the Dixon Injury Firm. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things you will need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Granite City car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Granite City, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Granite City, IL, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.