Car Crash Lawyer in Hamel, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Hamel, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Hamel, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents should reach out to a local Hamel, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Hamel, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Hamel, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Hamel car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Hamel, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for car crash victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Hamel, IL, car crash attorney can help you do this critical step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Call Our Hamel Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It is often more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. A car crash attorney in Hamel, IL, can help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in a car crash, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Hamel, IL, you can easily talk to our firm to learn about compensation options. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things we need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a valid case. The Hamel car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Hamel, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Hamel, IL, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.