Car Crash Lawyer in Highland, IL
Contact our vehicle accident injury attorneys in Highland, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Highland, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents should reach out to a local Highland, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. An experienced attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Highland, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5 million. We account for both general and special damages.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Highland, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Highland car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their losses.
Highland, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled more than $50 million for victims and their families. You probably have a lot of questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is very important for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Highland, IL, car crash attorney can help you with this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Call Our Highland Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is hard. A car crash attorney in Highland, IL, can help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Call an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Highland, IL, you can easily talk to our firm to learn about compensation options. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things we’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a valid claim. The Highland car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Highland, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Highland, IL, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.