Car Crash Lawyer in Jersey County, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Jersey County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Jersey County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents need to contact a local Jersey County, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A skilled attorney will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Jersey County, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Our Jersey County, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Jersey County car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their loss.
Jersey County, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled more than $35 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is crucial for car crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Jersey County, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you to accomplish this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Jersey County Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is not easy. A car crash attorney in Jersey County, IL, will help you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Jersey County, IL, there’s no harm in contacting the Dixon Injury Firm. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid case. The Jersey County car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Jersey County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Jersey County, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.