Car Crash Lawyer in Jonesboro, IL
Contact our vehicle accident injury attorneys in Jonesboro, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Jonesboro, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything.
Car crashes happen fast. Car accident victims should reach out to a local Jonesboro, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Jonesboro, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Our Jonesboro, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Jonesboro car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their loss.
Jonesboro, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Jonesboro, IL, car crash attorney can assist you with this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Contact Our Jonesboro Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is hard. A car crash attorney in Jonesboro, IL, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Call an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Jonesboro, IL, there’s no harm in contacting the Dixon Injury Firm. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four things you will need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Jonesboro car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Jonesboro, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Jonesboro, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.