Car Crash Lawyer in Lawrenceville, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Lawrenceville, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Lawrenceville, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents need to contact a local Lawrenceville, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A qualified attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Lawrenceville, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Lawrenceville, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact our firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Lawrenceville car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their loss.
Lawrenceville, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s essential for car crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Lawrenceville, IL, car crash attorney can assist you do this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Call Our Lawrenceville Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements isn’t easy. A car crash attorney in Lawrenceville, IL, will help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Lawrenceville, IL, there’s no harm in contacting the Dixon Injury Firm. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four basic things we need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you’re supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Lawrenceville car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Lawrenceville, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Lawrenceville, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.