Car Crash Lawyer in Macoupin County, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Macoupin County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Macoupin County, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Car accident victims need to contact a local Macoupin County, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. A skilled attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Macoupin County, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Macoupin County, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Macoupin County car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their loss.
Macoupin County, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Macoupin County, IL, car crash lawyer can help you to accomplish this crucial step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Find Our Macoupin County Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements isn’t easy. A car crash lawyer in Macoupin County, IL, can assist you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in a car accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Macoupin County, IL, there’s no harm in contacting the Dixon Injury Firm. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four basic things we’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you likely have a valid case. The Macoupin County car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Macoupin County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Macoupin County, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.