Car Crash Lawyer in Madison County, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Madison County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Madison County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents need to contact a local Madison County, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. A skilled attorney can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Madison County, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon’s Madison County, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is basic advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Madison County car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their losses.
Madison County, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have a lot of questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important for car crash victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Madison County, IL, car crash attorney can assist you do this critical step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our Madison County Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. A car crash lawyer in Madison County, IL, will help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in a car accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Madison County, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Madison County car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Madison County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Madison County, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.