Car Crash Lawyer in Mascoutah, IL
Contact our vehicle accident injury attorneys in Mascoutah, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Mascoutah, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents should contact a local Mascoutah, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Mascoutah, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon’s Mascoutah, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical information on this page is general advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Mascoutah car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their loss.
Mascoutah, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to call emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Mascoutah, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you do this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Contact Our Mascoutah Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. A car crash attorney in Mascoutah, IL, can help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Call a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Mascoutah, IL, there’s no harm in contacting the Dixon Injury Firm. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things you will need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Mascoutah car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Mascoutah, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Mascoutah, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.