Car Crash Lawyer in McLeansboro, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in McLeansboro, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in McLeansboro, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Car crashes happen fast. Car accident victims should reach out to a local McLeansboro, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our McLeansboro, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s McLeansboro, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the legal and medical information on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our McLeansboro car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims win financial compensation for their losses.
McLeansboro, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A McLeansboro, IL, car crash lawyer can help you to accomplish this crucial step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Call Our McLeansboro Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements isn’t easy. A car crash attorney in McLeansboro, IL, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Contact an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in McLeansboro, IL, you can easily talk to our firm to learn about compensation options. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things we need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The McLeansboro car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as McLeansboro, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our McLeansboro, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.