Car Crash Lawyer in Montgomery County, IL
Contact our vehicle accident injury attorneys in Montgomery County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Montgomery County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents should contact a local Montgomery County, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. An experienced attorney will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Montgomery County, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Montgomery County, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Montgomery County car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their loss.
Montgomery County, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Get Medical Attention: It’s crucial for car crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Montgomery County, IL, car crash attorney can help you to accomplish this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Find Our Montgomery County Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. Simple answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is not easy. A car crash lawyer in Montgomery County, IL, will help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car accident, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Montgomery County, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four things you will need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a valid case. The Montgomery County car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Montgomery County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Montgomery County, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.