Car Crash Lawyer in Mound City, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Mound City, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Mound City, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims and their families. If you’ve ever been in an accident, you understand how difficult it can be. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents should contact a local Mound City, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. An experienced attorney will help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Mound City, IL, car wreck attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Mound City, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal info on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Mound City car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their loss.
Mound City, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like What if I can’t afford treatment? How do I file a claim? Do I actually need a lawyer? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Mound City, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you do this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Contact Our Mound City Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements can be complicated. A car crash lawyer in Mound City, IL, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you are in a car accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Mound City, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things you will need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a valid case. The Mound City car crash lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Mound City, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Mound City, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.