Car Crash Lawyer in Mount Carmel, IL
Contact our vehicle accident injury attorneys in Mount Carmel, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Mount Carmel, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents need to reach out to a local Mount Carmel, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A skilled attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Mount Carmel, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles may range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Mount Carmel, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Mount Carmel car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their losses.
Mount Carmel, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for vehicle accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Mount Carmel, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you do this critical step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Mount Carmel Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire a lawyer. An easy answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements is complicated. A car crash attorney in Mount Carmel, IL, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Mount Carmel, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you’re supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Mount Carmel car crash lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Mount Carmel, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Mount Carmel, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.