Car Crash Lawyer in Mount Vernon, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Mount Vernon, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Mount Vernon, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents should contact a local Mount Vernon, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Mount Vernon, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Mount Vernon, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is basic advice designed to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact our firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Mount Vernon car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their loss.
Mount Vernon, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have a lot of questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s essential for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Mount Vernon, IL, car crash lawyer can help you with this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Get in Touch With Our Mount Vernon Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire a lawyer. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is complicated. A car crash attorney in Mount Vernon, IL, can help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Call a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Mount Vernon, IL, you can easily talk to our firm to learn about compensation options. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four basic things we’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid case. The Mount Vernon car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every case, and it’s our job as Mount Vernon, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Mount Vernon, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.