Car Crash Lawyer in Parkersburg, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Parkersburg, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Parkersburg, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims and their families. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to help you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Car crashes happen fast. Car accident victims should contact a local Parkersburg, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A skilled attorney can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Parkersburg, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of traffic-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Parkersburg, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Parkersburg car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their losses.
Parkersburg, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important for accident victims to seek medical help as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Parkersburg, IL, car crash attorney can assist you do this crucial step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Get in Touch With Our Parkersburg Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Battling major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is hard. A car crash lawyer in Parkersburg, IL, will help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Contact a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Parkersburg, IL, there’s no harm in contacting the Dixon Injury Firm. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things we’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you’re supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate claim. The Parkersburg car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Now
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Parkersburg, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Parkersburg, IL, car crash lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.