Car Crash Lawyer in Rockwood, IL
Contact our car accident injury attorneys in Rockwood, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Rockwood, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents need to reach out to a local Rockwood, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve. This includes general and special damages such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Rockwood, IL, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon’s Rockwood, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We even put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical information on this page is basic advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about opening a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Rockwood car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims and their families get financial compensation for their losses.
Rockwood, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Dixon has settled more than $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is essential for car crash victims to seek medical aid as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Rockwood, IL, car crash lawyer can help you to accomplish this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Find Our Rockwood Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. An easy answer? It is often more expensive not to hire one. Battling major insurance companies, filing claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. A car crash attorney in Rockwood, IL, can aid you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in a car accident, we can’t stress enough the importance of documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Contact an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Rockwood, IL, you can easily talk to our firm to learn about compensation options. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a valid claim. The Rockwood car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Rockwood, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Rockwood, IL, car crash lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.