Car Crash Lawyer in Saint Clair County, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Saint Clair County, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Saint Clair County, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It is important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Car crashes happen fast. Victims of car accidents should reach out to a local Saint Clair County, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Saint Clair County, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Below are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve speeding, driving under the influence, bad weather, and other road hazards.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Saint Clair County, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal information on this page is general advice meant to steer victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact Dixon today through our site or give us a call. Our Saint Clair County car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims receive financial compensation for their loss.
Saint Clair County, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled more than $35 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to contact emergency services.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s essential for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may later be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Saint Clair County, IL, car crash lawyer can assist you with this crucial step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Find Our Saint Clair County Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Short answer? It’s often more expensive not to hire an attorney. Battling insurance companies, filing claims, and negotiating settlements is complicated. A car crash lawyer in Saint Clair County, IL, will aid you through the entire process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical help. Contact a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you have been in a car crash in Saint Clair County, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four basic things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you probably have a legitimate case. The Saint Clair County car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Saint Clair County, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Saint Clair County, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.