Car Crash Lawyer in St. Louis County, MO
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in St. Louis County, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in St. Louis County, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims and their families. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Car crashes happen fast. Car accident victims should contact a local St. Louis County, MO, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like any punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost income, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our St. Louis County, MO, car crash attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. We account for both general and special damages.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Our St. Louis County, MO, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the legal and medical info on this page is basic advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact the Dixon Injury Firm now through our site or give us a call. Our St. Louis County car crash lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get financial compensation for their loss.
St. Louis County, MO, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims and their families. You likely have a lot of questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we’ve outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you can, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital expenses, ambulance fees, and future medical bills may later be reimbursed.
- Information Gathering: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A St. Louis County, MO, car crash lawyer can help you with this important step. This includes documents such as medical expenses, lost wages seen in paychecks, pictures of the accident scene, contact information, and other information like witness testimonials.
- Call Our St. Louis County Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire one. Battling insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements is hard. A car crash lawyer in St. Louis County, MO, can assist you through the whole process and ensure a quick settlement.
If you are in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call a lawyer.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in St. Louis County, MO, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things you’ll need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If you can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and damages, you probably have a legitimate claim. The St. Louis County car crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm will gather all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as St. Louis County, MO, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our St. Louis County, MO, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.