Car Crash Lawyer in Steeleville, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Steeleville, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Steeleville, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to car accident victims. Being in a car accident can change your life in an instant. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents need to contact a local Steeleville, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages like pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, punitive damages, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Steeleville, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Missouri, for example, is an at-fault state. What this means is any compensation can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of vehicle-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for large vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns.
Our Steeleville, IL, car crash lawyers will assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that discusses the ins and outs of what to do after an accident. Keep in mind that all the medical and legal info on this page is general advice meant to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about starting a car crash claim, contact our firm today through our site or give us a call. Our Steeleville car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families receive financial compensation for their losses.
Steeleville, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
The Dixon Injury Firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You probably have several questions, like Do I have a car accident claim? What do I do? How much can I win? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take after you’ve been in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you are unable to, direct a bystander to contact the police.
- Get Medical Attention: It is very important for vehicle accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Ambulance fees, future medical bills, and hospital expenses may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’ll have to provide all of the info you can about the accident. Get contact information from witnesses. A Steeleville, IL, car crash attorney can help you with this important step. This includes tow truck receipts, repairs, medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, pictures of the scene of the accident, insurance information, contact info, and other documents.
- Call Our Steeleville Car Crash Attorneys: People often wonder why they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting insurance companies, submitting claims, and negotiating settlements is not easy. A car crash lawyer in Steeleville, IL, will help you through the entire process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Contact an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Steeleville, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our goal to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurance companies. There are four basic things we need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a legitimate claim. The Steeleville car crash lawyers at Dixon will collect all the information you will need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Our Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Steeleville, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Steeleville, IL, car crash attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.
Below, you can find a helpful list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.