Car Crash Lawyer in Swansea, IL
Contact our motory accident injury attorneys in Swansea, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Car Crash Lawyers in Swansea, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to traffic accident victims. It’s easy to see how challenging it is for people who’ve been in a car-related accident. It’s important for the Dixon Injury Firm to guide you through the car accident claims process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
A car accident can alter your life in the blink of an eye. Victims of car accidents need to reach out to a local Swansea, IL, car crash lawyer as soon as they can. A skilled attorney can help you recover the compensation you need. This includes general and special damages such as lost income, emotional distress, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and other financial burdens. Our Swansea, IL, car accident attorneys can help you figure out what damages you’re owed. Here are a few facts about car accidents:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents each year.
- Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA.
- Missouri, for instance, is an at-fault state. This means that any reward or reimbursement can be affected by a victim’s level of fault. Different states have different laws.
- The majority of car-related accidents involve DUIs, speeding, poor road conditions, and parking lots.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles can range between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Both special and general damages are accounted for.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Swansea, IL, car crash lawyers assist you through every step of an insurance claim or case. We have put together a Car Accident FAQ that provides general information about what to do after an accident. Note that all the medical and legal info on this page is basic advice designed to point victims in the right direction. If you want to learn more about pursuing a car crash claim, contact our firm now through our site or give us a call. Our Swansea car crash attorneys are dedicated to helping victims and their families win financial compensation for their losses.
Swansea, IL, Car Crash Attorneys
Our firm has settled over $50 million for victims throughout Illinois and Missouri. You likely have several questions, like “What do I do after a car crash? Who do I call? How much is my case worth? Below, we have outlined a few steps to take if you were involved in a car crash:
- Call for Help: If you’re able to, contact emergency services right away. If you’re not able to, direct a bystander to call 911.
- Seek Medical Attention: It is crucial for accident victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Hospital, ongoing medical bills, and ambulance fees may be reimbursed.
- Gather Information: To win a case, you’re going to need to provide all of the information you can about the accident. Get contact info from witnesses. A Swansea, IL, car crash attorney can help you do this critical step. This includes witness testimonials, contact information, medical bills, pictures of the accident, work restrictions, and other information.
- Get in Touch With Our Swansea Car Crash Lawyers: People often wonder if they need to hire an attorney. Simple answer? It can be more expensive not to hire an attorney. Fighting major insurance companies, submitting claims, and navigating settlements can be complicated. A car crash attorney in Swansea, IL, can help you through the whole process and ensure a fast settlement.
If you’re in a car crash, we can’t stress enough how important it is to documenting as much as you can. Get medical assistance. Call an attorney.
Do I Need a Car Crash Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car crash in Swansea, IL, you likely need a lawyer. It’s our job to prove negligence and to negotiate with insurers. There are four things we need to do to prove negligence. In summary, this includes:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
If we can prove a breach of duty of care, causation, and financial damages, you likely have a legitimate case. The Swansea car crash lawyers at Dixon will gather all the information you’ll need to settle against the negligent party.
Contact Your Car Crash Lawyers Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Swansea, IL, car crash lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Swansea, IL, car crash attorneys today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.
Below, you can find a list of FAQs and the specific areas we serve.